This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
- What kinds of information do we collect?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
What is the source of your personal information?
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, email address
- Information about your use of our products and services, such as audio-visual information provided during the psychological questionnaire, personality test results and english test results
- Information we obtained from Linkedin such as industry, location, profile summary, profile picture
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
How do we use this information?
- From you directly
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services
- From the third party we use for account management: Linkedin
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 2 above, for the following purposes:
How is this information shared ?
- To further research, develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services
- To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our feedback to your audio-visual answers to psychological questions
- To improve the operation of our product
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
We may share information with the following (third) parties for the purposes listed above:
- Imagine Foundation (see contact details in the Contact section)
- ChaLearn researchers and academics to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that supports our mission and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of understanding people, making artificial intelligence social aware, psychological impact of first impressions and computer vision.
- Other researchers and academics to conduct research linked to the topics listed above.
- Law enforcement or legal requests.
We don’t share information with the following :
What is our legal basis for processing data?
- Other users of our products and services.
- LinkedIn: that third-party integration is used for login only.
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
What are your rights under data protection laws? How to exercise them?
- as necessary to provide you with our products and services
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time through the settings;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- to protect your vital interests, or those of others
- as necessary in the public interest and
- as necessary for our (or others') legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalised, and profitable service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port and delete your data. Here is a more detailed list:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
If you think your data protection rights have not been respected, you can make a complaint directly to your national data protection authority
which will investigate your complaint and give you a response within 3 months.
Is your personal information transferred outside the EEA?
EEA stands for the European Economic Area. Although we are based in the EU (Germany, France and Spain), we will share information globally with the research community.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and to conduct our research.
How to contact us with questions
The data controller responsible for your information is Louis Guitton, which you can contact online or by writing to:
Name and Address of the Data Protection Officer: